willow gift

Wooden Razor, Willow (355)

Regular price $49.99 Sale

*These wide-handled willow razors use the same wood as our traditional straight-handled razors, but they require slightly larger pieces of wood, explaining the higher price*

Each year, we mill through hundreds of willow logs from local trees. 95% of our will goes towards firewood. The remaining 5%, which is deemed unique enough for wood turning, goes towards razors and pens. 

These razors are made from our highest grade of straight-cut willow. Most of the razors have contrasting dark lines in the grain. To ensure adequate waterproofing, these willow razors were stabilized (hardened) prior to carving.

All razors include a premium Gillette blade; they may be easily refilled with any "Mach3" style blades. 

Model: Wooden Razor

Wood: Willow

Fixtures: Chrome

Refillable? Yes, Use Mach3 Refills

Gloss  – The crystal-clear gloss finish holds several distinct advantages over the satin finish. It is much more durable, and will never need refinishing. It provides a clearer, better lens for light-colored woods and layered woods of contrasting colors. For intricate designs with inlay or small pieces, the gloss coating acts as a barrier to prevent small parts from separating. The “smooth” option guarantees an ultra smooth finish, achieved by a two-stage finishing process with cyanoacrylate, sanded to 12,000 grit, then waxed and polished.